We produce a wide range of worktops ranging from kitchen worktops, bathroom vanity worktops, window sills to shelves.
We demand a lot from our worktops. Westmorland green slate will bring your rooms to life with a timeless finish.
Your kitchen is at the heart of the action, where we unpack the weekly shop, prepare meals and often have spills. Therefore it’s essential to get the right material for the job. Our kitchen worktops make for a highly durable cooking, preparation and serving surface. Honister slate is definitely the ultimate finish for your kitchen.
Each slab we use is unique with natural markings which makes your worktop the only one to exist. Our slate will work equally well in contemporary or traditional settings.
It is a beautiful tactile surface in a smooth and matt finish, making it a ‘wow’ factor and talking point in any kitchen. The investment is so worth it and not as expensive as you might think.
Send us your drawings or even rough idea of sizes and cut outs for a quote.
Made to Order
Honister Slate has been mined for many hundreds of years, but it has reached new heights of popularity in the home in recent years. Here are some excellent reasons for choosing slate for your new kitchen worktops:
- Hard wearing – If you are looking for longevity, slate is one of the most durable, hard wearing kitchen worktop surfaces you can choose.
- Non-porous – Slate is a naturally occurring non-porous stone. This makes it a great choice of material for surfaces where liquids may be spilled, including kitchen worktops.
- Maintenance-free – Due to its naturally low porosity, slate worktops are easy to look after and will not stain easily. Slate worktops require next to no maintenance!
- Heat-proof – Slate is a good insulator; it is heatproof and fireproof, meaning it will withstand hot pans on counter-tops with ease.
- Affordable – The cost of slate kitchen worktops compares favourably to other natural stone surfaces.
I’m afraid we don’t offer template services nor installation. Please do let us know if you struggle getting someone though as we do have some contacts in the industry.
We will always recommend you to seal the worktop once installed. As it is ‘fresh’ out of the mountain and not use to modern environments, seal it again 6 months after installation. The worktops will show dull when it needs sealing again which might be 1 year or even 5 years later.